Its great to see so many natural nappy options, whether you choose to use disposable, cloth or nappies with removable liners the below options are far better than the standard disposable nappies available. Not only are they better for the environment which is a huge factor when choosing nappies, they also contain less or no chemicals so they are better for your babies bottom. Below we review natural nappies, to help you buy better.
|Pea Pods One Size Nappy - White||Price $19.95|
|Reusable nappy with bamboo insert|
PEAPODS ONE SIZE NAPPIES - WHITE PeaPods one size nappies are just that - they go from birth to toilet training. They come complete with an absorbent insert, so you have everything you need right there in the one nappy.
The absorbent insert is made from ultra absorbent bamboo. Bamboo is super soft, naturally antibacterial and a sustainable resource.The insert is made from two thick bamboo layers, which is folded into three and inserted into the nappy. The thickness and absorbency of the bamboo means that it holds a lot of wee!
- one sized nappy from birth to toilet training
- comes complete with a bamboo insert
- insert can be put in the pocket or snapped in for extra flexibility
- simple to adjust legs for nappy size - elastic works like a bra strap, tucked inside away from baby's skin
- adjustable poppers for a perfect fit around the tummy
- waterproof outer layer is made from PUL (polyurethane laminate)
It's so easy to change the size of the nappy as baby grows. Poppers around the tummy ensure that there's no leakage out of the top. Leg size is adjusted by a niftily hidden elastic in the legs, which you can tighten or loosen just like a bra strap. It's hidden away so that none of the parts touch baby's skin. Genius!
PeaPods one size nappies have extra flexibility when it comes to absorbency as well. Grab a couple of extra bamboo inserts, then use the snap in option and just change the insert when it's wet. No need to change the outer shell of the nappy unless it's wet, too, which cuts down on your washing. The inserts can tuck iniside the nappy pockets, too, so you can then snap on a night booster as well for extra night-time absorbency or heavy wetters.
Comes in its own waterproof bag (which is super handy when you're out and about!).
|Ecoriginals Newborn Plus||Price $16.95|
|Pack of 32 nappies, size 4-6kgs||Free from harsh chemicals.|
Ecoriginals eco disposable nappies newborn size 4-6 kgs.
Pack of 32 nappies.
Ideal to start using from 2-8 weeks old (depending on how quickly baby gains weight) and should last through to around 4-6 months old.
Ecoriginals nappies are free from:
- heavy metals
Ecoriginals nappies are made using a combination ofÂ plant based materials, derived from wood pulp and corn starch.Â The inside of the nappy is a mix of SAPs and sustainably forested wood pulp which is FSC approved.
Rather than a plastic leak guard, ecoriginals nappies use Cardia Compostable film which is certified 100% compostable. The elastic in the legs is latex free. The packaging is also Cardia Compostable 100% compostable.
Like all disposable nappies, it's not 100% biodegradable, but it does have much higher biodegradability than a standard supermarket nappy.
Owned and designed in Australia, manufactured in China in an ISO certified factory.
|Bambo Nature Eco Nappies Newborn Size 1||Price $17.95|
|Pack of 28 nappies, size 2-4kgs||Free from harsh chemicals and said to be the best natural disposable nappies.|
Newborn - Size 1 eco nappies
Start your baby off in the best possible way with eco nappies from Bambo Nature.
Said to be the best disposable nappies on the market!
Bambo eco nappies are designed to be dry and comfortable for your baby to wear:
- Super soft on your baby's skin
- Flexible side panels stretch for an easy and comfortable fit
- Super absorbent
- Designed to draw wetness away from your baby's skin, so there's less risk of nappy rash
- Thin, but just as absorbent as ever, so your baby doesn't have a bulky, uncomfortable nappy
- Perfect fit, so your baby can move around with greater comfort and leak protection
Why are Bambo Nature eco nappies the best disposable nappies for your baby?
- No perfumes
- No moisturising lotions
- No phthalates
- 100% chlorine free
- BpA free
- No TBT, PVC, antioxidents or latex
Bambo Nature are eco friendly nappies, with a much lower eco footprint than standard disposables. Bambo Nature eco nappies are manufactured in a production facility where 95% of the production waste is recycled, making Bambo Nature one of the most eco-friendly nappies on the market. Bambo Nature is proud to be the only nappies in Australia to hold the Nordic Swan Eco Label (one of the most comprehensive independently tested eco labels in the world) and the FSC label (the mark of responsible forestry) and they are also dermatologically tested.
Unlike many other eco labels, the Nordic Swan Eco Label is concerned with the nappy's impact over its entire life cycle, not just the disposal. There are many factors that affect the environmental impact of a product. Currently, there isn't a fully biodegradable disposable nappy available on the market. As a consumer trying to reduce your eco-footprint, it is important to look at the entire lifecycle of the product, rather than a single factor.
|Muumi Eco Nappies Midi Size 3||Price $35.00|
|Pack of 50 nappies, size 5-8kgs||Made with the best and purest raw ingredients, and to the highest eco standard in the world, the Nordic Swan Eco Label.|
MUUMI ECO DISPOSABLES - MIDI SIZE 3 ECO NAPPIES FOR BABIES 5-8 KGS Pack of 50 nappies.
Muumi eco nappies are made in Finland, with the best and purest raw ingredients, and to the highest eco standard in the world, the Nordic Swan Eco Label. The outer packaging is biodegradable, too.
Muumi eco nappies are skin friendly, and comfortable for your baby to wear:
- Super soft against your baby’s skin
- Super absorbent with a natural fluff cellulose core
- Optimal dryness and absorbency to keep your baby comfortable
- Double leak guards around the legs for a great fit with no leaks
What's so good about Muumi eco nappies?
- No perfumes or lotions lotions
- No phthalates
- 100% chlorine free (TCF)
- BpA free
- No TBT, PVC, antioxidents or latex
- Biodegradable packaging made from Mater-Bi™ biofilm
- Nordic Swan Eco Label
- Made in Finland
- Finish Asthma & Allergy certified
Muumi nappies are manufactured in Finland, by a family owned company who have been making nappies for over 35 years. Muumi eco nappies have a much lower eco footprint than standard disposables, guaranteed by the Nordic Swan Eco Label. Unlike many other eco labels, the Nordic Swan Eco Label is concerned with the nappy’s impact over its entire life cycle, not just the disposal. There are many factors that affect the environmental impact of a product. Currently, there isn’t a fully biodegradable disposable nappy available on the market. As a consumer trying to reduce your eco-footprint, it is important to look at the entire lifecycle of the product, rather than a single factor.
|Moltex Eco Nappies||Price $26.50|
|Pack of 34 nappies, size 4-9kgs||Excellent eco credentials and totally chlorine free|
MOLTEX ECO DISPOSABLES - MIDI ECO NAPPIES
- No bleaching, perfumes or lotions
- Totally chlorine free
- Made from more than 50% biodegradable materials
- Breathable protective backsheet is 100% biodegradable
- Super soft top layer contains 40% renewable materials
- The inner fluff is made from timber from 100% certified sustainable resources
- Compostable packaging
- Dermatologically tested & approved
- Independently tested
Moltex eco nappies have excellent eco credentials, as well as great absorbency and fit. They are ideal for children with sensitive skin or those suffering from eczema.
|Tooshies by TOM Eco Nappies Toddler||Price $16.95|
|Pack of 27 nappies, size 10-16kgs||No phthalates or parabens|
From the makers of TOM Organic come Tooshies by TOM eco nappies. Made where possible with naturally derived materials, rather than oil based ones. These sustainable disposable nappies are soft and gentle on little bottoms, and better for the environment, too!
Why are Tooshies by TOM disposables better for your baby?
- super absorbent
- slim yet snug for greater freedom of movement
- comfortable stretchy waistband and tabs for perfect fit
- elasticated barriers to help protect against leakage
- refastenable tabs
- absorbent nappy core is designed to draw moisture away and help prevent nappy rash
- safe, gentle and non irritating on sensitive baby skin
What's eco about Tooshies by TOM nappies?
- no perfumes, lotions or latex
- no phthalates, no parabens
- elemental chlorine free
- no optical brighteners
- wood pulp from sustainably managed forests
- with natural citrus extract and liquid chlorophyll to block odours
- plant based PLA inner and outer layers
- bio-based corn blend in the absorbent layer means less SAPs
|Charlie Banana One Size Nappy - Peony||Price $31.95|
|The pack comes with one nappy, and two washable inserts.|
Charlie Banana have done it again! Their clever hybrid nappy can be used with washable inserts, or with biodegradable disposable inserts.
One size fits from newborn right up to 30 months, or toilet training.
Charlie Banana one size nappies are adjustable through the elastic setting at the legs. The elastic can be pulled tight for smaller babies and then lengthened through a series of different settings as baby grows. A selection of snaps (similar to press studs) allow you to secure the nappy for a snug-as-a-bug fit.
The nappy shell is made up of a soft and stretchy waterproof outer layer and a soft fleece lining. The lining is what will keep baby's bottom dry and baby happy! The nappy is suitable for most bubs from birth right through to toilet training. Nice!
The ridiculously clever Charlie Banana one size nappy allows you more options when it comes to nappy changes. Use the reusable inserts for everyday, and the disposable inserts for travelling, special occasions or when leaving bub with someone unfamiliar with cloth nappies.
The pack comes with one nappy, and two washable inserts.
Charlie Banana nappy sizing: Approx age: Newborn 30 months Weight: 3-16 kg Waist: 25-60 cm Thigh: 11.5-35 cm Rise: 30-40cm
Care: Wash at 40 deg Celsius (or up to 60 deg if particularly soiled). Hang out to dry for the most eco friendly option or tumble dry on low.
|Bambooty Nappy Easy One-Size - Aztec||Price $34.95|
Bambooty easy one size nappies are made from bamboo which is naturally antifungal and antibacterial. Aztec design.
You are making a difference:
- One baby can use 5,000 disposable nappies & each nappy can take 500 years to decompose in landfill, while leaching chemicals & methane.
- Bamboo doesn't require any pesticides or chemicals & grows faster than cotton thereby reducing your environmental impact.
- Bambooty products are free from toxic chemicals associated with disposable nappies.
- Easy to use all-in-one nappy (no need for separate cover as it has a waterproof outer).
- Adjustable size settings for heavy wetters and/or night time use.
- Fold out absorbency for fast drying times.
- Stain resistant suede cloth lined nappies keeps baby feeling dry or place a bamboo flap on top for natural fibres next to the skin.
- 2 flaps of absorbency made from heavy duty bamboo/organic cotton, and microfibre make this nappy easy to customise for boys, girls and tummy sleepers.
- Elasticised wriggle guards keep absorbency flaps in place.
- Easy to fasten snaps that don't snag or scratch.
- No irritating plastic touches babies skin.
Dimensions / materials:
Booster is comprised of 70% bamboo and 30% organic cotton. Booster measures W 7.5cm L 21.5cm 5mm thick.
Nappy is adjustable - one size fits most.
Before first use: Prewash 3 times or soak in water overnight to remove any manufacturing residues and to ensure absorbency. Note: Bamboo takes up to 8 washes to maximise its absorbency. We do not suggest that all 8 need be done prior to using the nappies, however please keep this in mind.
After use: It is recommended to saturate the nappy with tap water to increase the longevity, as urine is acidic and may wear the fabrics and elastic faster. Soiled nappies are very similar. Simply dispose of your nappy liner, tip rolling poos straight into the loo or rinse off the poo with tap water, and saturate before placing in your dry lidded nappy bucket.
- Use half the recommended strength powder detergent. We recommend using chemical free detergent. Do NOT use: bleach, fabric softeners, or vinegar, or products containing enzymes.
- Pre-rinse, particularly soiled nappies.
- Suede cloth is stain resistant and any residing stains are best treated by the sun only.
- Flushable liners may be washed and reused if not soiled. Flushable liners are not recommended for septic tanks.
- Tip – baking soda increases pH, neutralises odours and breaks down residues which may be causing leaks and unwanted smells. Use it in the wash, in the dry nappy bucket, or as a separate wash for nappies with a residual stink.
Responsibly made in China. Australian company.