You would be shocked at the harmful chemicals that some lipsticks contain. Many main stream brands include toxic heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, mercury, antimony and even formaldehyde, a preservative and known carcinogen. So a great way to reduce chemical intake is to choose a natural lipstick.
After researching the options available there were three that really stood out.
1. Lotus pure organic lipstick
• Natural and organic
• Not tested on animals
• Enriched with Vitamin E, shea butter and essential oils which will moisturize, plump, and condition your lips
• Gluten free, lead free, nontoxic
• No Parabens, petro-chemicals, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic dyes
• Lips felt soft and smooth all day
2. Vapour organic beauty siren lipstick
• 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments and vitamins
• Superior texture, never sticky or dry
• Features a botanical infusion that contains hydrating Myrrh, rose buds, healing lemon balm, antioxidant pomegranate, soothing Jojoba oil and essential fatty-acid rich Camilina oil
• Pure plant ingredients are vacuum processed, without chemicals, to produce a moisturizing shine
3. W3LL People – Nudist colorbalm stick
• 100% Natural Ingredients
• A cross between a lip stick and a lip balm
• Rich in organic omega oils and aloe
• Vanilla mint essence
• Hydrates lips with organic rosehip oil
• Made without artificial preservatives, parabens, harsh chemicals, dyes, fragrance, silicone, dimethicone, pthalates, sulphates, petroleum, talc, bismuth oxychloride and nanoparticles
• Cruelty free
Tell us your favorite natural or organic lipstick in the comments.
Shop more natural and organic lipsticks here: